With our state-of-the-art crankcase filtration technology, you no longer have to worry about the tightening emission demands imposed across the UK and indeed throughout the World.
The crankcase is an essential element of the engine within your machines. Whilst it’s imperative to ensure that blow-by aerosols are filtered out of the crankcase, it has to be done with no negative affects caused to the reliability of your engines and the running of your machinery.You can be sure that with our crankcase filtration solutions here at Largo, your machinery will function as it should, when you need it to. Our crankcase filters will only add benefit to the smooth running of your engines and we make sure that we provide our filter solutions at some of the most competitive prices available.To find out more, please call us on 01603 870 959. We would be more than happy to discuss our crankcase filters with you in more detail.
Cummins Filtration’s crankcase ventilation systems are innovative products using patented technologies to control oil drip and crankcase emissions in diesel engine applications. The open crankcase ventilation (OCV) systems provide superior aerosol filtering of crankcase emissions, commonly known as blow-by. Blow-by is the result of high pressure gases and oils escaping around piston rings and venting to the atmosphere. This oily mist attracts dust and airborne particles, resulting in an accumulation of contaminants, both on the engine and on the surface beneath it. This condition increases the clean-up required in the engine compartment, as well as unsightly oil drips on highways, bodies of water, parking lots, crops, garage floors and driveways. Cummins Filtration offers a complete line of OCVs for diesel engine applications from 60 to 640 HP.
Benefits of the systems include:
- Virtually eliminates oil drip
- Reduces oil consumption
- Superior aerosol filtration and collection
- Reduces engine maintenance and down time
- No service required
- System Life = Engine Life
- Warranty – 3 years
- Cummins Filtration Closed Crankcase Ventilation (CCV) Retrofit Kit protects the engine and provides the best solution for emissions removal – helping to reduce oil consumption by eliminating mist, aerosol vapors and oil drip in the engine compartment.
- OEM Approved / Validated
- Filters up to 99% of oil drip from blow-by
- Filters up to 95% of aerosol vapors from blow-by
- Eliminates 100% of engine compartment fumes
- Applies to most diesel engine applications with up to 10L engine displacement (or up to 12ft³/min (340L/min) of crankcase blow-by)
- For certain OEM engines, retrofit kit can be applied to engine applications with up to 15L engine displacement
- Compact design mounts easily in engine compartment
- Up to 3 times longer service intervals than competition
- For Federal/State Retrofit Funding use part number **CV51118 kit
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Verified
- Verification applies when used with Cummins Emission Solutions diesel oxidation catalyst
- High efficiency coalescing filter assembly
- Crankcase Depression Regulator (CDR) Valve that regulates pressure between engine crankcase and turbocharger inlet
- CDR Valve bracket
- Oil drain-back to the engine oil sump
** Additional hardware (hoses, clamps, oil drain back fittings, etc.) required to complete installation.
CCV Kit combined with Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)
This Cummins Emission Solution product combination is verified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to not only reduce emissions but to also provide a cleaner, safer operating environment, for diesel engines model years 1991-2003, regardless of engine manufacturer.
The blow-by must be returned during the combustion process, which is achieved by closed crankcase ventilation (CCV) systems. CCV systems also separate and return the oil to the crankcase and regulate pressure in the crankcase.
MANN+HUMMEL can supply all the components and systems involved in crankcase ventilation, including:
- Oil separators
- Pressure regulating valves
- Heating pipes
- Valve technology (anti-drain valves, PCV valves, ventilation valves)
- Integration of crankcase ventilation into cylinder head covers or other integrated solutions
With increasingly strict emissions legislation, the requirements for oil separation have increased continually over the past few years. Emissions-related engine components such as exhaust turbo chargers, charge air coolers and charge air sensors must be protected against performance degradation from oil contamination. MANN+HUMMEL provides various designs for oil separation, ranging from inserted or non-inserted inertial separators, such as cyclonic or impactor separators, to the ProVent fibre separator for HGV and industrial use.
The ProVent system integrates a powerful oil separator element and a pressure regulator element, both characterized by their robust and light-weight designs. ProVent protects the turbocharger and the downstream engine components from the build-up of oily deposits that diminish performance. This commercial concept is designed for industrial engines with a power of up to approx. 1250 kW and can cover volume flows of approx. 10 to 1000 liters per minute (l/min) blow-by.
The series is complemented by safety valves that allow for multiple applications.
MANN+HUMMEL also provides the appropriate pressure regulating valve for each engine type to limit vacuum pressure in the crankcase, which protects the engine against dirt from contaminated outside air.
The integration of heating pipes at critical points of the crankcase ventilation process prevents ice build-up from cold surfaces in winter and ensures that the system continues to function properly. MANN+HUMMEL also provide comprehensive expertise in the field of valve technology, e.g. anti-drain, PCV and ventilation valves and cover all types of valves with various flow guidance characteristics for crankcase ventilation. MANN+HUMMEL integrates crankcase ventilation and design solutions into the cylinder head cover. Optimising costs and design space, the cover also acts as a support for cylinder attachments.